In January, 2013, Facebook updated their Cover Photo guidelines for business pages to restrict text on the photo to no more than 20% coverage. In this Pro Tip video, Stephan Hovnanian shows you how to calculate how much of your cover photo is covered by text.
By the Numbers:
- 268,065 px2– total area of your cover photo (851 x 315 pixels)
- 53,613 px2– 20% coverage
How to Calculate your Facebook Cover Photo Text Coverage:
- Open your cover photo in Photoshop
- For each block of text on the cover photo:
- Highlight each area of text using the Selection tool
- Write down the dimensions of the selected area
- Multiply the dimensions together to get the area of that text block
- Add all the text block areas together. If the total is less than 53,613 px2 you’re under the limit!
If you found this Pro Tip helpful, please share it!